25 October 2023
Zoolab – Zoo on a Broom
10am – SOLD OUT!!
11.30am – SOLD OUT!!
Each session lasts 45-55 minutes
£12 per child (includes 1 accompanying adult. Additional adults £12)
Join Zoolab on a magical rhyming story adventure based on a well known children’s classic! Follow our friendly witch Zog on her broomstick as she rides through towns, forests and a bog. Along the way, her broom starts to resemble a zoo!
Our helpful and kind witch offers a ride to a selection of amazing animal hitchikers, who the children will get to meet! However – it’s not all plain sailing. Will Zog’s journey end with a bump?!
The Ranger will stop at points in the story to introduce the children to the real version of the animals in the book. Come and join the fun. A great experience for children and adults alike
Meet in the Visitor Centre. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Location: In the Education Room located in the Visitor Centre
Who would like this: Family groups with children aged 3-7 years. Ticket holders only, unfortunately we are unable to accommodate buggies and younger siblings due to the nature of the session. All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Those with an interest in science and animals – also good for inspiring an interest in science.
What to bring: Yourselves and your ticket
What does it involve?: A fun and interactive storytelling with real animals delivered by ZooLab. Includes live mini beasts.
- We are afraid snacks and drinks aren’t allowed during the session
- Please stay with your children at all times and closely supervise them
- Be aware of any safety signage, advice and instructions from staff/session leader
- Many of the animals eat foods which contain nuts and seeds as well as vegetables and fruit. Please contact us if you suffer from severe air-born allergies before booking as unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a complete allergen free environment
- We will provide anti-bac gel for everyone (including staff) to wash their hands in before the session begins, please let us know on the day if this may cause a problem
- Please don’t put your hands near your faces or in your mouths until you have washed them properly
- You will be asked not to touch the animals unless otherwise stated. The animals prefer those they think of as safe, who are still and quiet
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water afterwards
- Please note that animals may nip if you do not follow the guidelines given by staff
Booked online: Please bring your ticket email QR code either on a phone or printed out to the reception for a staff member to scan. You can buy on the day as well if tickets are available, but this cannot be guaranteed.
Accessibility & Facilities: This event is held in the Education Room in the Visitor Centre. There is a café and toilets in the Visitor Centre including disabled toilet and baby change. Please follow this link for information on mobility access https://hallplace.org.uk/accessibility/ Please let us know if you are booking a ticket for someone using a wheelchair so that we can advise you which sessions have wheelchair friendly spaces left?. This session can get very busy and loud. If you wish to book a large group or SENs group, please contact us to see if we can accommodate you.