July 29 - August 2| £4 – £6
Get ready… They’re back and selling out fast!
Come and meet the animals: the cute and cuddly, the feathered, the prickly, and the crawly. Feed the rabbits, guinea pigs and chicks, watch the meerkats get up to mischief and make friends with baby pigmy hedgehogs. Stroke a snake, sit with a lizard, marvel at the tiny cute mice. Get close up and personal as we aim to give you an animal encounter with a difference.
Animal Magic will be with us from Monday 29 July to Friday 2 August. You can book your tickets for 10am, 11.30am or 2pm sessions. Sessions last an hour.
What a sell out! Last few tickets Thursday only. Update – We have introduced 2 additional sessions on Tuesday & Thursday at 3.30pm.
A great experience for children and adults alike. £6 children and £4 adults.
Come and join the fun.
Advanced booking essential.
(All children must be accompanied by an adult.)
Animal species may vary. Government advice: children under 5 years old, those with a low immune system and pregnant women look but not handle reptiles.
We are often asked what age range Animal Magic is suitable for, we don’t really have one but if you’re thinking about bringing your little ones, here’s some information to take into account. We do ask for an adult ratio of at least 1 adult to every 2 children and no more than 2 adults to each child please.
The entire session lasts an hour. The first 20 minutes are a ‘show and tell’ session where everyone is seated and animals are allowed to roam free or are brought around individually or in small numbers. The rest of the session takes place in the education room and small garden where different types of animals and birds will be on display in enclosures to see and many like the rabbits, guinea-pigs, mice etc can be stroked.
Before the session starts
- We will have a buggy park available because there is limited space within the petting zoo
- Please let us know if you are booking a ticket for someone using a wheelchair so that we can advise you which sessions have wheelchair friendly spaces left
- If you would like your child to leave their buggy and interact with the animals, then you will need to purchase them a ticket. Unfortunately, small children cannot crawl or toddle around during the initial ‘show and tell’ element of the session for health and safety reasons
- Many of the animals eat foods which contain nuts and seeds as well as vegetables and fruit. Please contact us if you suffer from severe air-born allergies before booking as unfortunately, we cannot guarantee a complete allergen free environment
- Please note that government guidelines state that pregnant women, under 5s and those with a low immune system do not touch reptiles (snakes & lizards)
- This session can get very busy and loud
- If you wish to book a large group or SENs group, please contact us to see if we can accommodate you
During the initial 20 minute ‘show and tell’ part of the session
- You’ll all need to remain seated. Wandering children (however young) may put themselves and the animals at risk
- You also need to be able to hear the safety instructions that are given out throughout the session
- You will be asked not to touch the animals unless otherwise stated. The animals usually approach those they think of as safe, who are still and quiet
- We will provide anti-bac gel for everyone (including staff) to wash their hands in before the session begins, please let us know on the day if this may cause a problem
These rules are for health and safety reasons because there will be live animals wandering freely around, coming close to you and can be unpredictable.
During the entire session
- We are afraid snacks and drinks aren’t allowed during the session
- Please stay with your children at all times and closely supervise them
- Be aware of any safety signage
- Please don’t put your hands near your faces or in your mouths until you have washed them properly
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water afterwards – anti-bac gel is not enough alone
- To book tickets call Hall Place and Gardens booking line on 01322 621238. Lines are open every day from 10am to 4.30pm
- All tickets should be booked in advance, unless otherwise stated
- For all activities and events children must be accompanied by adults
- If you need special assistance please let us know when booking
- Hall Place does not offer refunds on ticket sales. We operate a policy of unallocated seating for our events. If you need special assistance during our events please let us know when booking
Tickets must be booked in advance. Please phone 01322 621238 or visit the historic house reception.
For all activities and events children must be accompanied by adults.
If you need special assistance please let us know in advance by phoning 01322 526574 to speak to a member of staff.